By confirming your wedding cake quotation you agree to terms and conditions as stated below.
- To secure the event date a 30% non-refundable deposit of the total value of the cake (including any delivery charges, equipment hire deposits etc) is required. Upon receipt of the non-refundable deposit the event is considered booked.
- In lieu of full payment, final payment of the balance is due no less than 1month prior to the event date.
- If the cake is booked less than one month before the event, full payment is required.
- Notification of late payments is required to prevent cancellation of the order. If suitable arrangements for payment are not made at least fourteen (14) days prior to the event the order will be deemed cancelled and a refund will not be applicable.
- Payment is payable to Hamilton Island Weddings.
- The Client is responsible for keeping track of any payments and ensuring their timely payment.
Designs and colours
- The cake artist will follow the clients request as closely as possible to create the exact cake desired; however there are many factors which determine replication of a design, the availability of supplies, varying skills and location of the event. Handmade products will have variation from cake to cake, and this should be desired as each cake will be unique.
- The cake artist reserves the right to determine the level of replication and creative licence. Some designs may be unwise and we reserve the right to make alternative recommendations. Every effort will be made to provide as close a duplication to your design and colours. Some cakes may be copyright protected. We will endeavour to supply a product representing our interpretation of the desired pattern, design, style, decoration of another cake artist’s work.
- The size of the cake will be created to accommodate the ordered number of servings based on an industry standard slices; 1 inch x 1 inch x 4 inches tea and coffee portion or 1 inch x 2 inches x 4 inches dessert portion. Sizing may vary from that portrayed in any imagery which may depict a cake of different serving quantity than that ordered. Cake artists or Hamilton Island Weddings are not responsible for shortage of cake due to incorrect guest counts or incorrect cutting and serving of cake.
- Icing colour may have a tendency to change with time, humidity and heat. Darker colours may stain teeth and will have residual flavour. It is understood that replicating colours may result in tones that are not exact. Food dyes are different than fabric dyes and a true match may be impossible.
- To ensure the chosen colour is replicated as best and closely as possible, a fabric colour swatch is recommended. These can be posted via mail in a suitable time frame prior to the wedding.
- Certain cake flavours are not favourable to tiered designs. Certain cake textures are not favourable under some icing types. Wedding cake icing availability can be subject to weather conditions. Your cake artist will make suitable recommendations for changes to your desired cake if required. The cake artist and Hamilton Island Weddings will not be held responsible for any spoiling or damage to a cake that has been ordered against the advice and direction of the cake artist.
- Selecting fruit cake for the top tier of the wedding cake means it can be stored, frozen, wrapped in cling film inside an airtight container for up to twelve months. Sugar flowers and figurines need to be removed and kept away from sunlight and moisture.
- It is understood that a significant change in the number of servings required from that which was first stated as part of the original design may necessitate a change in either the size of the cake or the design concept. To accommodate a significant increase in the amount, the purchase of a cutting cake may be a better option so as to preserve the original design concept.
- Clients are requested to check their cake confirmation information in fine detail to ensure all aspects of your wedding cake are correct, including but not limited to flavours, colours, and decorations.
Changes to order
- Changes to the overall design are permitted up to one month prior to the event. All changes are to be submitted in writing.
- Any changes that affect the final price of the cake will be adjusted in the amount due.
- Only the client or clients representative, and no other individual, is authorised to make any changes to the order.
- Once final payment has been made, the order cannot and will not be adjusted for a smaller guest list.
- All changes are subject to availability.
- Any ornament/cake topper supplied by the client must be given to your cake artist no later than 1 month before the event date. If your cake artist is to provide the ornament/cake topper the cost will be added to the quoted amount.
- If the client chooses to supply their own ribbons, or decorations, they must be suitable for the cake- e.g. enough ribbon, correct thickness, and fabric suitability for the design.
- Any figurines or toppers supplied by the client will be added to the finished cake with care by Hamilton Island Weddings or your venue manager, and will be added to the cake to the best of their ability and knowledge, based on information provided to them by the client. Your cake artist or Hamilton Island Weddings is not responsible if your decorations/ornament cannot be secured sufficiently and/or falls off the cake.
- We recommend you do not eat any handmade toppers as these will more than likely contain wires or cocktails sticks which are not edible.
- Many sugared decorations predominately flowers will contain wire and even though made mostly from edible products, they are intended for decoration and keepsake only, not for consumption.
Specialised cake equipment
- If the cake requires columns, plates, stands, support systems or other specialised equipment, a small hire charge will be applicable and added to your quote/order.
- Any supplied cake stand is only to be used for the cakes supplied. At no time are heavy ornaments, hot lights (including tea lights) or larger cakes to be placed onto the stand.
- All equipment is to be handled with care at all times and is to be returned in the original condition and no later than 5 business days after the event. Damage or loss of goods will incur a fee at the discretion of the cake artist.
Use of fresh flowers
- If fresh flowers are incorporated in the wedding cake design, it is the responsibility of the client to order the fresh flower requirements through Floral Collections. The quoted price of the cake does not include fresh flowers.
- The client acknowledges that fresh flowers are not a food product, and may contain pesticides, insects, dirt or other contaminants and that some flowers and foliage are in fact toxic and poisonous.
- Should items be placed on a cake by a third party which render the cake inedible, the cake artist and Hamilton Island Weddings are absolved of any responsibility. All inedible items such as ribbon, flowers etc must be removed prior to cutting and serving.
Allergy and dietary warning
- Baked goods may contain or have come in contact with one or more of the following ingredients, any one which can produce an allergic reaction or other medical reaction:
• Wheat • Tree nuts/oil • Gluten • Peanuts
• Corn • Soybean • Eggs (whole/yolk/whites) • Milk (and milk products)
• Sugar • Artificial Sweetener • Natural Dyes • Natural Flavourings
• Artificial Dyes • Artificial flavourings • Other allergens not listed.
- The cake artist and Hamilton Island Weddings cannot be held responsible for allergic or medical reactions or a resulting allergy or medical reaction related illness to the ingredients resulting from eating the baked goods.
- Baked goods are not suitable for consumption by vegans, vegetarians, nor those with religious dietary restrictions as they may contain various animal products including but not limited to, eggs, gelatine, honey, milk, etc
- It is the responsibility of the client to inform all individuals present of the possible presence of these ingredients which may be deemed as potentially hazardous to one’s health or as unsuitable for their personal consumption due to allergies or dietary restrictions.
- Gluten free cakes can be accommodated for however we cannot guarantee a 100% gluten free product as we store and buy products where gluten may be present.
- Specific dietary requests can be accommodated and where an additional charge applies, will be quoted accordingly.
- Should the date, time or location of the event change, the client must notify the cake artist immediately. The cake artist and Hamilton Island Weddings will not be responsible for the cake being late due to changes on the clients part of which we were not made aware of 48 hours in advance of the originally scheduled and newly scheduled delivery date, time and location.
- Delivery to Hamilton Island will incur a fee for the Ferry service, and will be advised on your quotation. Whilst all due care is taken to prepare and stabilise tiered and other wedding cakes for transportation and delivery, the cake artist or Hamilton Island Weddings cannot take responsibility for inclement weather conditions or other unforeseeable incidents that may occur in transit or whilst outside their possession, including in the possession of transport staff, venue staff, and/or your own guests.
- All cakes travel via Cruise Whitsundays ferries from Airlie Beach to Hamilton Island Marina, where Hamilton Island Weddings will collect and take it directly to the venue, or store appropriately until it is required at your reception venue or location of choice.
- The cake artist and Hamilton Island Weddings reserves the right to make delivery decisions based on our experience of what is best for the cake.
Set-up of cake
- Our cake artists pride themselves on the quality of products and services. It is important to remember that cakes are a perishable and delicate product. Due to the fragile nature of cakes, and to prevent any damage from occurring, the following is recommended:
- An appropriate and secure table and environment for the cake.
- A sturdy, flat and level display surface is required, capable of easily supporting the weight of the cake without wobbling, leaning or tilting, collapsing or vibrating.
- The cake table in position and fully decorated (tablecloth, skirt, lights, etc) before delivery of the cake.
- An environment whether indoors or outdoors that is cool, dry and temperature controlled if possible from the time the cake arrives until the time the cake is served, away from any and all known heat sources, including but not limited to high intensity lighting, sunlight, skylight, massed display candles, portable heaters etc.
- The cake artist and Hamilton Island Weddings are not liable for any damage to the cake;
- Including total collapse, which may occur as a result of anyone present, be they any member of the bridal party, family, relatives, guests, any performers, wait staff, and any and all other persons who disturb or damage the cake by any means. This includes but is not limited to poking, touching, bumping the cake or table, causing vibrations, exposing the cake to heat sources or moving the cake to another location.
- Including but not limited to cake spoilage or icing melting that may occur as a result of high temperatures, weather conditions, failure to provide a temperature controlled environment at the appointed location and or failure to properly display the cake.
- The client assumes full responsibility for the guests and agrees to indemnify and hold the cake artist and Hamilton Island Weddings harmless from and against all bodily injury, property damage or consequential damage which may result from services and provision of the cake.
- The cake artist and Hamilton Island Weddings is not responsible for any damages to the cake, or shortage of cake, caused by a guest, caterer, wait staff or any other person.
- The cake artist and Hamilton Island Weddings are not responsible for the client not having a cake supplied if the client fails to complete all payments and deposits required prior to the event by the specified deadlines. If payments are not made in full by at least fourteen (14) days before the event date, no cake will be made nor delivered and the order will be cancelled. (Refer to 1.4)
- Refunds can only be given provided the cake is deemed inedible for consumption and must be refused at the time of delivery. If it is refused after delivery is made for said reason, it must be returned within 24 hours of the delivery time. No refunds will be given if cake is served, or tampered with and is not returned for further investigation. Should you be unhappy with your cake for any reason, Hamilton Island Weddings will take appropriate action to investigate and will respond to any complaint quickly and thoroughly.
Fulfilment of contract
- The cake artist and Hamilton Island Weddings shall not be held liable for any delay or inability to deliver, and its obligation to perform will be modified to the extent necessary based on accidents, natural disasters, unforeseen transportation problems, inclement weather that prohibits travel (including ferry services), illness, hospitalisation or death in the immediate family, or any circumstance or causes beyond the control of the cake artist and Hamilton Island Weddings that affects performance as contracted.
- Delay in transit in above circumstances shall not constitute grounds for discount, refund or any compensation to the client. The cake artist and Hamilton Island Weddings will take all measures possible to deliver as quickly as conditions allow and may contract delivery to a third party in order to fulfil our obligation.
- If the cake artist cannot perform as contracted due to aforementioned conditions, a part or full refund will be assessed based on the circumstance, work completed to-date, and the outcome of ability to supply the ordered product at the time required and in the condition expected.
- If for any reason the event must be postponed, the client must advise immediately as the new request date may or may not be available.
- If the requested new date is available the following conditions apply:
• If the postponement occurs before the final payment date, no penalty or change fee will be assessed.
• If the postponement occurs within one month of the event, the Client is responsible for any product already made and unusable and will be charged accordingly.
- If the requested new date is not available, the order will be cancelled
- If such a cancellation occurs at least one month prior to the event, a refund of all monies paid less the non-refundable deposit will be made.
- If such cancellation occurs within one month of the event, a refund is not applicable.
- If the client cancels the order for any reason, these conditions will apply:
• Cancellations up to one month in advance will receive a refund of all payment less the 30% non-refundable deposit.
• Cancellation within one month of event date forfeit all monies paid.
- Ordering your wedding cake should be made as early as possible. This ensures we can organise ingredients, equipment and in particular, difficult to find items for cake decoration.
- Cake artist reserves the right to refuse any order at their discretion.
- All work shall be completed in a professional manner.
- This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the client and the cake artist and supersedes any prior understanding or representation of any kind preceding the date of this agreement. There are no other promises, conditions, understanding or other agreements whether oral or written, relating to the subject matter of this agreement.
- Booking of a cake constitutes agreement to these terms unless stated in writing otherwise.
- Prices are subject to amendment without notice. If the price is different from that shown on any pricelists the client will be informed in writing.
- All cakes and products may be photographed and both cake artist and Hamilton Island Weddings reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotion.
- These terms and conditions are subject to change without notification.